Monday, January 17, 2005

Who's your Mommy?

Normally I do all my running around on the weekend since I don't have time to do it on the weekdays but since I'm taking the week off, I decided that some of the stuff I need to do can wait.

I was over at Costco this afternoon and it was a totally different place. I was shocked to see that the place wasn't swamped with people like on Saturday's or Sunday's. I could even move my cart down the aisle without someone bashing their cart into me but some things remained the same. Like some fat woman getting the last free sample of whatever because the people in front of me wouldn't move their asses.

Though today I did learned something that absolutely shocked me. I kept hearing this word over and over again and then it dawned on me. All the adults in Costco were named "Mommy". It was strange; every where I went, there was someone saying "mommy" and an adult woman would answer. I was in the warehouse for about a half hour and in every section, all I heard was "Mommy".

I went to the optical department to order some contact lenses (mine have a special curve so they have to order them) and I heard "Mommy, Mommy" or "Mommy can I"

I was in the DVD section and I heard "Mommy" and "Mommy can I have this…"

I went by the videogames and I hear someone crying "Mommy, I want this…"

I think your getting my point. Now I'm not a parent, (thank god, or I'd be in Jail right now for stringing the little munchkins up) but I wonder at what point do you loose your name and become "Mommy" or "Daddy". Do you have to go to get your license chained to "Daddy Restoule"? Does your identity disappear and you simply become Mommy or Daddy?

Now some people are probably thinking, "that is the joy of parenthood" but I've seen the joys and I want no part of it. When I was a child, my mom (or "Mommy") said to me "When you grow up, I hope that your kids are as bad as you". I'm sure most of us have heard that once or twice in our childhood but I know something that you don't. THAT CURSE WORKS. It really does, I can't remember how many times I've visited friends who are parents and I see "the curse" in action. They run around and cry and do stuff that would drive the normal person insane. On top of that, their senses become numb.

How many times have you watched a parent change a baby's diaper and act like their doing paperwork, while you have to cover you nose and mouth for fear of vomiting from the smell. Oh and WHY IS IT GREEN ? ? ? ? ? STOP FEEDING THAT KID GRASS.

Anyway, these children are running around like they're on crack and then it gets worse. The grandparents show up and say "Here grandkids have some sugar" and they feed them SPEED, and head back home, leaving you to peel these children off the ceiling. All the time, they are saying "Mommy" over and over again, or they're crying.

Anyway, I'm proud to say that my name isn't Daddy and I hope it never does because I want the freedom to enjoy life and I don't think I'm ready for a mini van or to change my name. I'll just be like that other guy I saw at Costco who bought 20 boxes of mini pizza's (he's my hero).

Oh sidenote. Its NICE OUT AGAIN. YAHHH

My 2 bytes.

No comments: