Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Our topic is topics eh

I've chatted with some friends recently. People I know in real life who have started blogging after reading mine for awhile and I'm starting to notice something. These people cannot think of a thing to write about so their blog just sits idle with no one visiting it. In fact one blog has a post about not knowing what to blog about.

Maybe it's just me but I usually can come up with something. I look through a newspaper or a news site to get an idea. Sometimes it's a TV show or another blog (That pic of Vics in the straightjacket is just begging to be written about).

While a blog is a way to write about yourself or your experiences, there is no reason to limit yourself to talking about what you experienced that day. People can choose to reveal something about themselves, like how I admit to being a fanboy geek but I'm also so much more.

We as individuals have so many sides to ourselves and we can turn to any one of those sides in order to come up with anything to talk about. Here's another secret. I HATE BIG MACS When I go to MacDonalds, I never order the things. The special sauce makes them too sweet and I want my hamburger to taste burgery (is that a word? ) and not sweet.

I know of people with multiple blogs (including me) and they save different topics for different blogs but if you only have one blog then go nuts. Write about politics, your last meal, describe the noise your toilet makes when you flush it. ANYTHING.

I remember on SCTV, when they had the GREAT WHITE NORTH skit on, some of the topics the Mackenzie brothers were bad but at least they had something. I remember when their topic was snow chains and Doug just dropped some snow chains on the table and said "There they are eh". It was a beauty topic.

As you may or may not have figured out by now, this post is meant for these people. Oh and to anyone else to reads this, can you come up with some ideas to motivate these new bloggers, I'd really appreciate it.

My 2 bytes

No comments: