Thursday, January 20, 2005

Peeping is overrated

There's a show that I watched every weekday (actually I TIVO it). It's called Call for Help (though it's called CFH 2.0 by the tech set). It's a program that talks about technology and helps callers with their computer and technology related problems. I watch every episode and there is a good following for the show in Canada as well as the U. S. (Even though people have to download the episodes because the show isn't available down there, but I hear it will soon be aired in Australia (YAA you people are in for a treat).

Anyway this morning I was surfing and I was reading one of the co-hosts blog Amber MacArthur (she's the web site guru) and I found a link to a web cam of the studio where they shoot the show so I followed the link and low and behold I could see the set. There were people walking around and the was a message on the website saying that they were shooting their 100 episode that day.

I watched and thought, mmm maybe I can watch a show being shot so I sat back and waited, and waited AND WAITED. Anyway things were occurring before the hosts appeared and I really wanted to see them, but I did see some other interesting things.

There was this guy walking around dressed like a city transit driver. At first I thought it was the host Leo Laporte but I quickly dismissed it because Leo has enough sense not to dress that bad. I've come to the conclusion that he was a producer or director.

Then there was this guy who looked like a teenager with a baseball hat on. He walked around in those oversized pants that some people wear and he kept his hands in his pocket. I don't know who the hell he was but he didn't seem to do much.

There was this other guy dress in navy blue (from head to toe) and I was wondering if he was a ballet dancer or a mine. It was actually creepy. I thought he was going to do the "wall" at any moment.

I had been watching for about 20 minutes and I was starting to get bored at this point. Where the heck were the hosts I thought and then I was rewarded. First I saw Amber walk out and come right by the web cam with some other person. They were putting a little Australian flag up and then things got strange.

Someone then picked the web cam up and started to clean all around it and all I saw for 2 minutes was some guy's gut. WOO HOO, a riveting webcast.

Then Andy (another co host) showed up but this time I recognized him right away. I watched him walk around and do some stuff at his demo area. At this point I had been watching for 40 minutes and still NO LEO.

Then this cute woman with long purple hair came out and I staired at her for a bit, as she spoke to some of the people, including Andy and Amber. This was at the 45 minute mark.

Finally I was rewarded for my patience, when Leo finally appeared. He was also talking with the purple haired girl and then the bus driver guy came out, and I once again decided that he was the director or producer.

Now at about 55 minutes into watching this "webcast" I saw the ballet guy come back and realized that he was a camera operator and they soon started taping a show.

I stopped watching after an hour and some thoughts came to my head, like. What's is the deal with that kid. What's the deal with the clothes all the crew people were wearing and finally. Was my life so boring today that I could spend an hour watching people walk around and cleaning a studio set. Maybe I'll watch tomorrow.

Oh here's the link to the webcam, they're shooting tomorrow from 10:00am to 6:00pm EST.

My 2 bytes

No comments: