Saturday, January 08, 2005

Its Damn Cold Outside !!

Well its damn cold out. It's a real Canadian winter were talking about here. Let's see, currently its -18 C with a wind chill of -26. That's -1 F with a -15 F wind chill. Oh and it's suppose to stay like this for all of next week, so its going to be cold for awhile. So to all the people in the U. S. who complain about their winter weather I say this. WIMPS! ! ! !

We're going to have blowing snow (when it warms enough to snow during the week) and then its going to get cold again. Yeah you hear me right, get warm enough to snow. Currently is to cold to snow right now. You need moisture for snow and when its -2000C, it can't snow.

Basically if you've seen "The Day After Tomorrow" then you've seen a Canadian winter. Personally what I liked about that movie was when Canada was mentioned, we were basically ALREADY DEAD. Yeah right. We Canadians know about cold.

Anyway I ended up downtown today for a haircut and I forgot how much I dislike the downtown core when its cold out. First thing I encounter once I got off the C-Train and got indoors (I used the +15 corridors connecting buildings to get to where I wanted to go) was that stupid little dumbass that I got fired a few months ago (he was a temp anyway). I noticed him before he saw me so I managed to avoid him but I did hear him say "that's my old boss" as a left the building and walked across the +15 to where the salon was.

So I get my hair done, my stylist (is that the term? ) is this guy from Lebanon, his whole family runs the place (and another place at the airport) and he always does a very good job for a good price. So I get that done and I walk back into the walkway and notice a deal that McDonalds is having. They're trying to promote their new deli sandwiches and for today, I buy a sandwich and get fries (or coleslaw) and drink for free. So I place my order, I ask for coleslaw and a iced tea to go with my sandwich. Then this guy comes ins and orders a burger. He then freaks out when he doesn't get his free fries and drink (the sign says "for new deli sandwiches only" so they refund the guy and he leaves cursing.

So after I get my food, and I'm sitting down, two guys walk through the restaurant and one guy keeps swearing his head off. I really don't need this, so I finish up and catch the C Train back to my part of town.

Of course I just miss the train and have to wait 15 minutes so I head inside to a HMV and start browsing through the DVD's and I find something which makes me question all reality. WHY THE HELL IS HEE HAW ON DVD? Wasn't that some lame ass country music variety show and I find it on DVD? ? Are they planning to release absolutely everything on DVD now? Its bad enough that The Simple Life, and The Anna Nicole Smith show are on DVD but Hee Haw? I'd rather stand outside and wait for my nuts to freeze than watch Hee Haw. They will release anything now I tell you. Alright I want to see The Beachcombers and The Littlest Hobo on DVD now.

Anway I catch the train back home and all I want to do is stay put but I ended up walking through the Big Mall by my place and ended up buying some pillow for $5.99 a piece. Now will someone explain to me how some pillows can be sold for $45.00, while I bought mine for $6.00. Is it because they are the "Martha Stewart fluffy" pillow? Are they special pillows designed to muffle the screams of your cellmate and you choke the life out of them. Well if someone expects me to pay $50 a pillow, then I will choke them.

Well I finally made it home, parked my ass in front of the TV and finished Jak 3 for my Playstation. Woo Hoo, now to tackle Grand Theft Auto.

Oh yeah, I tried the new Microsoft Anti Spyware software and it runs like a charm (oh its not really Microsoft, they just bought the people who developed it and slapped their logo on the thing. ) Try it out its free.

My 2 bytes

No comments: