Thursday, March 10, 2005

You will be remembered

A week ago 4 RCMP officers died in the line of duty when a man, who has terrorized his neighbors and his own father refers to him as "the devil", did the unthinkable. I know there are parts of the world where incidents like this occur …. well it's not a total shock when it happens but in Alberta we don't think like that. The idea of 4 police officers dying in the line of duty in this manor is shocking, for the whole country.

I'm not going to talk about the sub human piece of slime that did this horrible act and then took the cowards way out by taking his own life instead of taking responsibility for his actions. Instead I want talk about every man and woman who wears the uniform and puts his life on the line by putting themselves in harms way so we can live in a safe world.

At one time or another, we've grumbled about police officers for one reason or another but they are the line of defense between law and order and chaos and insanity. I personally feel safe when I see a Calgary Police cruiser drive by because I know that they're out there to look after me and my loved ones from those who would do them harm.

Personally I'm sick of people complaining about the police and then speed down the road after having one drink to many and then have the gall to complain when they get pulled over and charged with a DUI offense as well as speeding. Is it the cop's fault that you were acting irresponsibly? Why aren't they after real criminals? Well perhaps the police officer just saved the life of someone the in car ahead because they were so drunk they wouldn't have seen the red light in time and slammed into the car. For some reason, it's always the innocent ones who end up dying.

Well this time it was the guardians of our safety that paid the price. I still cannot believe that this occurred and I pray that it never happens again. I will never forget your sacrifice and the fact that every police officer puts their life on the line on a daily basis. I want to say thank you for being there.

My 2 bytes

No comments: