Thursday, March 03, 2005

Breast Physics

Last Christmas a game came out called Rumble Roses. It was an all-women wrestling game where it seemed that more attention was paid to the body parts then to the actual game play, according to reviews. I hear that the characters are stereotypical and the story is boring and they put in a "mud wrestling" stage but it looks more like chocolate milk than mud. The one thing that concerns me though is that the developer seemed to put more work into making the wrestlers look right than anything else.

One thing that they seemed to have worked on is making sure the women's breasts move as realistic as possible. Now some people might think, 'Oh boy, look at them go' but as far as I'm concerned, that's secondary to actual game play. Then I wondered what process did they go through in order to make sure they had the 'puppies' move right? (After I asked myself how I could get that job? )

In many sports games, they use motion capture in order to make sure that the players move as accurate as possible so I was wondering if they used the same technique to catch the subtle movements of the jiggle? I can picture some women who just happened to be 'blessed' are forced to wear the stop motion suits and have someone draw several white dots on their breasts and then are told to jump around. These people must be so proud (I wonder if they got Jessica Karr to do it? ), standing around, then jumping up and down while the camera focuses on their breasts. MMM I wonder if I can get that job? So the end result is that while the game is nice to look at, but not fun to play. Oh well. So this means that sex doesn't always sell (Aklaim tried it with BMX XXX and now they're bankrupt). So does this mean that all the video game playing guys out there are interested in more than the subtle movements of a woman's anatomy? Well these are priorities and sex and videogames don't always match.

So let this be a lesson to all you women out there. Videogame players are not a bunch of perverts who live in their parents basement, downloading 'altered' photo of female Star Trek characters. I live in my own apartment. *SMIRK*

My 2 bytes

No comments: