Thursday, March 15, 2007

Idiocracy

I believed that I have talked about my “Peeing in the Genepool” theory and how people seem to be getting dumber and dumber. Now I have never stopped to consider the implications in the future, but after seeing Idiocracy, I think it’s time to get nervous. This buried treasure that was written and directed by Mike Judge (also directed Office Space and the creator of Beavis and Butthead), shows us what will probably happen in the future. I heard about this movie on a TWIT podcast. Apparently this was a movie that 20th Century Fox didn’t want to promote for whatever reason. The basic premise of this movie is someone is put in hibernation for 500 years and when they wake up, they discover that the world is filled with stupid people. I don’t want to give any of it away, but it’s really good.

One concern I have is that this movie might actually be a snapshot into our future. A world where the dumb people kept breeding and the smart ones stopped. As a result, the dumb people take over the world. We’re seeing this happening in the U.S. right now. George W Bush is not a smart man. Just check out Great Moments in Presidential Speeches to find out.

I know I’m not the only one out there who see’s the stupid people breeding. Smart people feel that they don’t want children (and it’s their choice) and suddenly were surrounded by hundred and hundred of stupid people. So we have the single mother on welfare whose 4 children each have a different mother breeding while the high IQ people are producing less children. Then we get people who have started protesting about the devicde between have and have nots. I hate to break it to those people, but if these people are that stupid, they won’t miss not having certain things. I guarantee that these people are not using their computers to solve the worlds problems.

I don’t want to get preachy about this movie. I seriously recommend everyone to rent this DVD that 20th century Fox tried to bury.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: