Monday, March 12, 2007

A new direction perhaps?

I started to write a pro Calgary post but as the words appeared on the screen, I became less and less interested in the post. The words I typed seemed to lack any meaning. It seemed to be turning in follow words. I don’t even want my blog to have hollow words.

This is my little claim on the Internet and the last thing I want is my little space to be a home for hollow words or meaning. I might not have the ability to write as well as some of the other bloggers on my links but the last thing I want my blog to have is hollow meaning. Sure I do that Photo Friday and the Clip of the week but those are meant to bring a smile to people’s face.

Have I written this before?

I guess this is one of the reasons I hate business and finance blogs. These people aren’t making an impact by giving their views on the world. They’re just interested in making a quick buck and to be honest, that REALLY pisses me off. Suck I would like some cash but sheesh. Every other type of blog is interested in sharing information, even if its just pictures of the fish they caught.

Once I dreamed of becoming a stand up comic or a comedy writer, but I never pursued it. I didn’t pursue it because my mom felt that it would be a bad idea. Today, it reminds me of the lesson Homer Simpson told his kids one day, to never try.

I know I’m good at making people laugh. I do it all the time. I even remember when a friend told me once that I should try out for at amateur night for a Comedy festival in Calgary, but I never did, because my mom wanted me to do something safe. I remember making a comment on someone else’s blog recently about how a parent’s advice isn’t necessary the best advice when you’re trying to find your way in the world. So why can’t I follow my own advice?

I’ve recently read about some Stand Up classes in the city and I should take it. I’ve read books on how to do stand up. It’s something that I’ve always wanted to do, so why not? Remember the living hell of my sister’s wedding? Ok most of you don’t since you weren’t here but a few remember my blog posts about it. I was asked to say a few words and I totally improved a 2 minute bit, and I killed. They all thought I was funny as hell and I only had 15 minutes to come up with those bits.

I’ve been looking for a change and this might be it. After the new apartment and new job (a new job in this city is no big deal), I’m going to look into doing a stand up class. It might help with my ultimate goal of making Vics, April, Jay and Brandie laugh so hard that they pee themselves.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: