Thursday, February 24, 2005

Captain Canuck!!! Now what the hell am I talking about ?


Earlier this week I mentioned that I was Captain Canuck and needless to say, no one knew what the heck I was talking about so its time to explain that little known Canadian superhero.

Captain Canuck was originally published in the late 70's and early 80's in a monthly comic book as well as a daily comic strip in Canadian newspapers. He was our home grown superhero. Made in Canada for Canadians. I remember him from old issues in comic bins in used comic stores and I thought wow, who knew? Well apparently a lot of people did. There's even a set of Canadian stamps that were issued of Canadian created superheroes ( I know, I have it somewhere but I'm not looking for it).

I'm not going to go into all the history of the guy because this would be something for my Geek blog, and while I am I geek. I try to hide it, by not talking about my Geek core and wearing contact lenses but let's just say that he's come and gone over the years and has changed over the years.

So for more information on Captain Canuck, do a Google search because I'm not a comic book fanboy geek in disguise, nope nope nope.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: