Thursday, February 10, 2005

CALGARY ROCKS !!!!

I’m Albertan and proud of it. I love home, the city of Calgary. I’m proud to live in great city that has showcased the world on many occasions including the G8 conference, the World Petroleum Congress and of course the Winter Olympic Games (back in 88), so why the heck would I want to leave this city? Quite simply, I don’t and I have no intentions of leaving this land of no provincial debt (not deficit but actual debt, none, zippo, zero) .

When I think about Calgary I think of the Stampede, the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. For ten fantastic days, this city doubles in population as cowboys and tourists from all over the world flock to the city. The whole city is a celebration as the Calgary Stampede and Exhibition shows the rest of the world that Cow Town knows how to party. Everywhere you go there’s either free food or music. Every night of the Stampede ends with fireworks at the Grandstand show. YEEHAA.

As well I live about an hour’s drive from Banff National Park and the only way I can properly describe it is “God’s country”. The mountains are fantastic and the beauty of the area is indescribable. You simply have to come to Banff to see it.

Oh did I mention that the Calgary Flames came within a game of winning the Stanley Cup this past year and if (and that’s a big if) we ever get this strike crap behind us, then the cup is coming home. Home to Calgary Baby.

Now some of might be wondering why I’m talking so highly of my home. Is it pride, or is it something else? Well basically it’s to inform certain parties I’M NOT MOVING BACK TO ONTARIO. GOT IT!!!

My 2 bytes

No comments: