Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Has anyone seen the real me? I can't remember where I left him

I want my life back and I want it now! Its seems lately, that my life has become this ugly cycle of going to work and going home again, over and over again and I hate it. I need a change, I need a holiday, I need to get laid (I had to sneak that in).

I’m tired of my job defining my existence. Instead I want to be able to decide for myself what my purpose is. I want to take the time to write a book, a play, or a screenplay. I want to see the world. I want to be a public speaker. Maybe host a television program and make smart ass remarks. I WANT TO BE THE NEXT DAVID LETTERMAN!!!!! Actually I just want to redefine myself.

The way I see it, everyone does what they have to do in order to survive but a lucky few get to do what they dream of. I never got to do what I dream off (My last girlfriend told me to take off the flippers and to put the trombone down).

I think the problem was that I never really took any risks. When I was in my teens, I thought about becoming a stand up comic and the one time I mentioned the idea to my mother, she reacted negatively to it. She said something about doing something more stable but to me, stable is boring though after that, the dream stayed in the back of my mind and I just continued making smart ass comments and little jokes here and there. Maybe I could have been something big, but I guess I will never know.

Actually I’ve toyed with the idea of being a humorist (I think they write funny articles or maybe they just hum a lot, I’m not sure) but I really don’t know where to start.

I’m sick of being part of a team of yahoos at work (I live in Cow Town and I never hear the word Yahoo). I want to be an individual. I want time to myself, I WANT TIME TO MEET A GIRL!!!!!

Yeah I guess that’s another issue. I put a lot of things on hold while I was at school to get my degree and now that I have it, it seems like I don’t have time for myself anymore. I want to meet someone special and take her out to dinner. I WANT TO CUDDLE!!!! Yeah there something real nice about cuddling and the little things (NO I’M NOT GAY). I really like the little things like simple touching tickling, but if there was only a way to keep dancing out of the equation, (see, told you I’m not gay) I’m a horrible dancer. I’m trying to arrange an accident so that I won’t have to dance with my sister at her wedding next summer.

Well I’m looking for a new job now, something that will free me of this existence and I can only hope that it happens soon. I know that I’m looking for meaning now and a 65 inch HDTV isn’t going to give me meaning (but I still LOVE that TV).

I’m not sure what I’m trying to say to be honest, originally I was going to write a comical post about Mr. T but this came out instead so I’ve decided to go with it and save Mr. T. for tomorrow.

My 2 bytes

1 comment:

Vics said...

Awwwwwww honey! *hug* I so know the feeling (well, not the wanting the girl part - but the living to work part, oh yeah - been there)
It passes, usually when you get a new job...
good luck sweets, keeping my fingers crossed for ya *kiss*