Thursday, November 18, 2004

Corporate Whores are destroying my favorite TV channel again

It’s no secret that I’m a tech geek. I’m really into technology but I don’t discuss it too much (then again, I’m a blogger so that’s hint number one right there), though Tech is “in” so too bad for the stupid jocks. Geek is in people, just get rid of the glasses and get some contact lenses and you’ll be cool.

Moving on, a favorite cable channel I watch is TechTV (it’s really G4TechTV, but I’m not calling it that) and recently, they were bought and merged with this lame ass videogame channel called G4. After the merger, things started to go down hill as I started to see so much crappy programming, like shows about guys playing multiplayer games and jocks who play sports videogames. It was mostly crap, but some of my favorite shows managed to survive in one form or other.

However recently it got so bad that one of the fired guys had to come up here to Canada to do his show again and its doing very well (with many U.S. fans asking if Call for Help 2.0 will be seen in the states).

Now these pinhead executives have struck again. Now they killed the “The Screen Savers” and “Unscrewed”. Now I wasn’t that big a fan of Unscrewed but what they did to The Screen Savers is pathetic. First they got rid of the older hosts (Leo came up to Canada to do a Canuck version of Call for Help) and Patrick just went his own way.

So we had younger hosts but they kept the formula of the show until now, where almost everyone got the boot, including the new guy Alex Albright, he’s in my Tech Blog link, Actually everyone in my Tech Blog Links are related to Tech TV.(I love Technology).

Now I need someone to start to new Tech Channel or perhaps all those people who lost their jobs (including Cat Swartz, I so miss her, she has a monthly column in Stuff Magazine and she's doing something for Comedy Central) should come up here and work for TechTV Canada. Everyone else is concerned about what kind of crazy crap is going on with Bushy (even Colin Powell left, god help us, he was the really smart guy) that everyone is talking about coming up to Canada anyway, so come on people, the Great White North is calling you. It’s a beautiful land of lakes, and streams and forests. There are a lot of people up here that are into technology so come on up, especially the good looking tech women. I want a girlfriend who uses Firefox. (Ok I’m straying)

I do hope the best for the people who lost their jobs from this boneheaded move and I hope that they land on their feet. Good luck and remember, CANADA !!!!

My 2 bytes

No comments: