Saturday, October 02, 2004

Sometime, I feel humbled by other people's blog

There are times when I'm really pleased with the writings of my blog, how its entertaining and yet it shows the trials of my life. I usually pat myself on the back and talk to my friends and get new ideas, then they're other times when I feel that my words are nothing more than a waste of space.

As a blogger, I also read other people's blogs. Some blogs I've only visited once and then there are others that I visit on a regular occasion and I always enjoy reading what they have to say.

Lately though I found a blog from a woman who lives in Iraq and she talks about her daily life under the changes that are going on. I'm starting to read it more often now and I find it interesting.

As well, there's another blog that I visit regularly, and she has left a comment or two on my blog as well. Anyway a few days ago, I read her blog entry and I felt that I didn't have the right to read what I was reading. It felt like she was revealing her soul to the world and I just felt that I wasn't close enough to her to be allowed to read her confessions (Actually were not close at all, we just frequent each others blogs). Originally I had planned to redo the links on my blogs and add a link to her blog, but I don't feel comfortable doing that after that post. Its one thing to read something that came from someone's soul but its another to stand up and point the way so everyone can read it. I won't do that.

There a few other blogs that I'm impressed with and I leave posts when I can. There was one thing that another blogger was doing that I left a comment that I was going to steal his idea (Don't worry I will site my sources when I 'borrow' ideas from other blogs Hugh)

So as I read these blogs I feel that my blog is like Gilligan's Island as opposed to these other blogs which are more like Law & Order or 60 Minutes.

Now I don't feel my blog is bad at all. I've also found blogs and I wonder, what the heck is going on, and I found one where all this guy goes is slam the people he knows. While my blog might be Gilligan's Island, but at least its not the Weekly World News.

Again, I am planing to rework the links and split them into two parts but I've decided to wait another week unless vics plans to reveal her soul again, then it will have to wait another week.

While sometimes I do get a little more serious with my observations and try to take the high road, most of the time, I got for the laughs (and most of the time, I fail). I guess I want my blog to be like the 'Will it float' segment on Letterman, educational and entertaining. MMM I wonder if a block of cheese will float? I'll go find out.

My 2 bytes

1 comment:

Vics said...

Hey honey... I'm sorry - i wasn't actually thinking about how people would take 'that' post *blush* i just started writing it because i'd literally just finished reading something on the subject whilst waiting for blogger to load up that kinda 'riled' me. I can promise you that personal posts(well, THAT personal anyhow)are few and far between, feel safe *grin* i shall hide my dirty little soul behind my pristine charming exterior again...
and you write FAR too well to be a humdrum sweets - i LIKE coming here.