Sunday, October 03, 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the next President of the United States



With the election in the U.S now only weeks away and race getting more intense, I wonder what ever happened to the Meadow Party's Candidate Bill the Cat. While most people are wondering what the hell I am talking about, I'm sure there are some Bloom County fans somewhere. (I think Hugh is, this post was inspired by a pic of Bill he put on his blog) Anyway every time during an election they would have Bill run for president but he never got any votes, though I hear he was a close third after Walter Mondale in the 84 election.

Well the deal with Bill was that he rarely spoke, he would just gag and cough up hair balls but this never stops him from being a communist, a lead tongue for a heavy metal band and a televangelist, and a presidential candidate. That's how crazy this comic strip was. In fact the strip ended when Donald Trump (whose brain was transplanted into Bill's body) bought the strip and renamed it Trump the comic strip. (Actually he changed it into something called Outland and brought in a bunch of new characters, Opus and Bill were the only ones to stay).

Anyway it has been years since Bloom County has been in newspapers but now you can read the old strips at mycomics.com but you have to pay (I'm not linking to a pay site). Anyway after looking at what is going on with this current election south of the border, I wonder what it would have been like if Bill had been in the debate last Thursday (because of that debate, I had to wait till Saturday to watch The Apprentice, whoever decided to schedule the debate then, should be fired. Come on Mr. Trump, fire them).

Anyway I can picture the questions and his response. I think it would have gone something like this.


Question : How would you improve homeland security?

Bill: ACK ACK ACK !!!!


Question: When will the war in Iraq end?

Bill: OOP ACK THPPPT!!!

Question : Why not send troops to Sudan?

Bill: Ththbbthttbt!!!

Question: What is the most serious threat to national security?

Bill: BANG !!! THUD!!! (Bill smacking his head on podium and passing out)


Anyway I honestly think were missing out on something big. Personally I hope that Bloom County the Next Generation will appear on newspapers one day but until then, all we have are memories of OOP ACKK!!

My 2 bytes

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Thanks for the memories. I loved it when they used to pretend they were on Star Trek and all pile onto the wheelchair. Bill for President!