Thursday, October 07, 2004

One of the reasons that people blog

I spent a good part of the day wondering what I was going to write about on my blog today. I looked at different news sites and I found some potential topics but nothing that said, "This is it". Then I checked my Gmail account and I got this e-mail and after reading it, I knew I had my topic for today.

In a previous post I spoke about someone who put something so personal on their blog that I felt uncomfortable reading it. Anyway, she left a comment on my blog and then I felt a need to e-mail her and she e-mailed me back and the contents of the e-mail confirmed what I thought before. This person is extremely smart and confident and I feel privileged that I had an opportunity to exchange words with her.

Again I choose not to say what the post said, and I also will not reveal the specifics of the e-mail she sent me but I’m going to say this. See has told me that my reactions was not an isolated incident and others have commented on what she said and they said it was "too personal", though after some soul searching, she decided that she's ok with the contents of that post and she had decided to leave it up.

Anyway now I have a even greater respect for vics and I will continue to read her blog(not that I ever planned to stop, I enjoy her blog to the point that soon I'm going rip off one of her ideas, but I always cite my sources so she will get credit). You think that I respect for saying something personal on her blog? No, I respect her for the message she was sending when she wrote this post What I think is that it that everyone (including me) was so concerned about the content of the post that people failed to grasp the meaning but now after my initial reaction, I can say that I understand what she wanted to say and I agree with her 100%. I applaud her in making her point in this manor and if she ever need someone to stand by her side in defending that point, she can call on me and I will do without hesitation.

So now I feel a lot better about changing my links so people can find her blog. I’ll be doing so on Monday since that’s when I’m have time to play around with things. I do know my html but I’m not the Jedi Knight of web development (I have the Star Wars box set calling my name so excuse the reference, and I just discovered that Jedi is in the Microsoft Word Spell Check).

One last thing, to people who’s blog, I have links to currently. If you haven’t updated your blog in the past 2 weeks, then I’m dropping you. There are people who work too hard on their blogs not to be noticed.

My 2 bytes

1 comment:

Hugh said...

There was one blog that turned out to be a woman in a domestic violence situation. She was married. I felt like it was too personal but then decided it wasn't. At least she had a place to put some thoughts and they were good ones. She wanted to save her money and wave her airline ticket in his face.