Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm offically stupid

I really like my apartment. I think it has the potential of being a babe magnet but last night I discovered a drawback to my place. Last night around 10:30pm, the fire alarm went off. This meant that I had to walk down 28 floors to get to the ground. This didn’t bother me too much, my legs started to bother me a bit but things were fine.

So there I am outside my build, along with a small mob and a lot of fire trucks. That part was cool, I ended up taking some pictures with my camera phone. The lame part was getting back home AFTER I discovered that it was a false alarm (big surprise). So this mob wants to get into the elevators and I was with some people who said “It’s going to take 45 minutes, let’s take the stairs back up.” This was the stupidest thing I’ve ever done and I’ve done some pretty stupid things.

I need to explain some things about my building. There the main floor, then about 5 floors of a parkade, then some floors for offices, then the water/mechanical room, the pool/rec floor and then the apartments. The apartments start at the 14th floor. I thought I was going to die. I gave up on the 14th floor and found the elevators, and called them from that floor.

I am not the fitting man on the planet. I’m not the fittest man in this room, (and I’m alone), by the time, I got to the 14th floor, my legs were Jell-o and I kept gasping for air. At one point I though that they would have to call the Fire Department back and take me away on an ambulance, but the good news is that I made it back to my apartment and my bed.

At that point, my bed was my best friend as I just lied there and caught my breath. Soon after the fire alarm went off again. At that point, I decided that I just didn’t care. If it was a REAL fire, those dam firemen could carry me out on a stretcher. I wasn’t moving. Of course, it was another false alarm.

So last night I learned that there was an idiot in the building and a jackass who pulled the alarm. The idiot of course was ME!!! NOT TO SELF. NEVER TRY TO WALK UP 28 FLOORS AGAIN!!

I still can’t believe that I once wanted to walk up the stairs of the CN Tower. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: