Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Grandfather was a Vet

I’m glad it’s almost Friday. The bad news is that I still have to work tomorrow on Remembrance Day. In Alberta, Remembrance Day is a stat holiday, but not in Ontario. As a result, the company makes us work that holiday in lieu of Boxing Day which isn’t a holiday in Alberta, but most employers give it to their employees anyway.

I’ve always believed that we should always honor those who lost their lives fighting for our freedom. As well to honor those who have answered the call, and decided to wear that uniform and defend our homeland from those who would do us harm. Basically I think that the idea of that we have to work during that day blows.

I still remember looking at my grandfather’s medals from WWII. He died when I was still too young to ask about those experiences but I do remember the medals nonetheless. Maybe it’s because I choose Remembrance Day to honor him. He went overseas and fought against the Axis. He came back alive and started a family. He died so long ago that I only think of him during Remembrance Day. So this post is for you Pa Pere.

I always think of how you put yourself in harms way and came back.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: