Thursday, June 02, 2005

Up on the soapbox again.

I heard you missed me, I'M BACK!!!. The truth of the matter is that I've been burning the candle at both ends and I've been very tired. To tired to even post, until now but I'm back, so here goes.

First thing that has pissed me off. Mr. Bush, you are the president of the United States, not North America so quit trying to push us around you piece of shit. I read this yesterday and I thought WTF!! Apparently, our fine neighbors to the south feel they have a right to demand passenger lists on DOMESTIC Canadian flights. What happens on some flights is that the plane will cross over into U.S. Airspace over the Great Lakes in order to save fuel. This has been happening for years and considered "the norm", but now Bushy feels that he has the right to these lists. The plane doesn't land in the U.S., it just flies over the water. Now because of this, my plane tickets could cost more because Canadian airlines would have to alter their flight path in order to avoid U.S. airspace. I'm really starting to hate this guy. Between that and having to get a passport to cross the border to the U.S., I'm sick if it. Right now I pledge to never cross the border until at least 2008. I don't feel safe down there anymore. Oh and one more thing, the terrorists didn't come from Canada.

This other topic I dedicate to my mom. A woman who got fed up with a repair man for repeatedly failing to fix her TV, pulled out a gun and demanded a replacement. The woman got a replacement but she was also arrested. Did this woman like her soaps that much? I can picture her screaming "I miss Y&R today and you DIE !!!!", though if it was my mom, it would be. "I need the SHOPPING CHANNEL NOW!!!"

Actually I think I've discovered the fundamental difference between Canada and the U.S. Our neighbors to the south no longer respect people's privacy. I keep reading on how the current administration wants to strength the Patriot Act by granting federal agents more power to invade our privacy (actually not mine per say since I'm a Canadian living in Canada). The U.S. government even allows organizations like the RIAA and MPAA to disregard people's right to privacy and for ISP's to reveal people's identities. In Canada, it seems that people's privacy is more important.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: