Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Official Interview Game Rules

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. You come across as a very patriotic Canadian. What 3 things do you not like about your country?

The things I do not like about Canada. The first thing is the state of the political system. There is no political party that represents my views anymore.

First we have the Liberals. These people are crooks, Plain and simple. Some of them are going to jail.

Next we have the Conservative Party and these guys are just a bunch of bible thumping wackos. They're anti gay, anti choice anti everything that doesn't involve sitting in a dark room, reading the bible.

Finally we have the NDP (New Democrat Party). While have become nothing other than a bunch of pot smoking, left wing extremists who couldn't be trusted to run a lemonade stand, never mind the country.

Oh how I miss Joe Clark and the Tories.

The second thing is how elections work in this country. My vote doesn't mean crap. Western Canada's vote doesn't mean crap. Every election should only be held in Ontario because that's the only province which seems to matter in the eyes of Ottawa, (except when they're looking for money and they knock on Alberta's door).

The last thing I dislike is the CRTC, (Canadian Radio Television Council). These are the bastards who feel they have a right to tell me what I can and cannot watch. They decide what foreign. TV services they will allow into the country. They pulled some crap with Al Jazeera. CRTC said that TV distributors can carry it but they have to censor anti semantic statement. NOW they want to censor news in case something "racist" is said, AND ITS NOT EVEN IN ENGLISH OR FRENCH. I'm still waiting for their decision in regards to Satellite radio. They're dragging their asses again, but I'm buy a Sirius Satellite radio system in December wither its Sirius Canada or not. I WILL NOT BE DEPRIVED OF HOWARD STERN!!!


2. If you had to cook for a girl in a first date scenario, what would you cook?

Cook on a first date? What kind of person do you think I am? Actually I would prepare a pasta dish with a Caesar salad on the side (with help of a cooking website and a couple calls to MOMMY). I choose this because I don't know the person's eating habits. They might be a vegetarian and I don't want to prepare a steak just to give this "I AM MAN, I EAT MEAT GRRR" and dance around the fire in a lion cloth routine.


3. Speaking of girls, If you ever responded to a lonely hearts type ad - what would it have to say to catch your interest in the first place?

I would never answer one of those ads. I would feel creepy about it. Honestly nothing would catch my interest because a lonely hearts ad to me because I'm not comfortable with the whole 'blind date' thing. I have enough hurdles to jump when it comes to women I know but if it's a stranger, then it gets worse. ARGHHH Someone shoot me now.


4. Being a bit of a technogeek, Explain what device, in your opinion, every home should have as standard?

A standard device? Were now starting to come to an era where the word "convergence" is being thrown around a lot. Combining 2 or 3 devices together into one thing. With the birth of HDTV, a lot of new options are becoming available. It allows for interactive television, not to mention a computer screen like quality picture. Now this system is also upgradeable. So what I see happening in the near future is an HDTV becoming a videophone as well as an internet terminal, with the use of new WI MAX technology (long range WI FI, with a range of 50 miles/80km). So slap on a webcam and a keyboard and this will be the one "media" device in your home and should be standard.


5. Like most girls, I'm not really that into the whole PS2/ Gamecube thing. Explain the fascination to me.

Videogames have come a long way from the Pong era. Today, a lot of games have become interactive movies, with plots and characters. They even have screenwriters now. I play because I want to see the story unfold. Seeing if/then Officer TenPenny gets his in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, or finding out if Solid Snake will be able to save Olga's baby in the next Metal Gear Solid game. Not all games are like that though but a fair bit are. Women who play games tend to play Role Playing Games because of the story.

Though there are some simple games that I love. Katamari Damacy is one of those games. You simply roll a ball around picking up stuff, making the ball bigger so you can pick up more stuff. Sounds simple? It is and addictive. It's a great girlfriend/boyfriend game that will resort in couples fighting over the controller. Good thing that the sequel has co-op play so you can play as a team.


Well I hope that I did well on this Vics. If not, then you will surely tell me. Oh and if any of my readers, would like to be interviewed by me. Let me know and I will write up some questions. I blame Johnnie Walker for this.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: