Thursday, June 23, 2005

Google's Smut Search

It looks like this is going to be one of those weeks. One of those weeks that drains the life from me. I keep coming home to work on some things and I end up asleep, with all my free time gone. I'm thrilled that I'm going through this crap again.

Actually I spent some time downloading some pics for a blog post (but this isn't it). I'll have it up on Saturday, since tomorrow is Photo Friday. I'm not going to say what the post is about, but let's just say that I'm back to my old smart ass self.

So I'm using Google's image search to find what I'm looking for and I notice that there's a setting called “SafeSearch” and its on. Well I'm an adult and I'm running anti viral and other items so I turn it off. As far as I'm concerned, it's a filter and might be screwing up my results.

So I do my image search of Molly Ringwald and the first thing I see is a pic of her TOPLESS. WTF I thought, “Ms Popular” from “The Breakfast Club” topless? This is wrong people. Where the hell is Anthony Michael Hall to stop this? Where is Emilio Estevez? Bad, Bad, Bad. Google should be ashamed of themselves.

Then I decide to do a search of Jenna Jamieson, and low and behold. Nothing but “naughty” pics, and all I was looking for was a head shot. (Not that kind of head).

So I've now learned that Google' image search engine can be a great resource to smut seekers.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: