Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'm a bad Catholic

You know, the more I learn about the new Pope, the more nervous I get. Is it just me or does he want to party like its 999?

I guess I'm a bad Catholic because I don't believe that my faith is "the only" faith. I guess I'm a bad Catholic because I respect people of other religions, including Islam and Judaism. I'm a bad Catholic because I feel that people might want to have sex for pleasure and use birth control. I'm a bad Catholic because I believe that a woman is just as capable as a man in leading a congregation and spreading the word of God. I'm a bad Catholic because I feel that priests should be allowed to marry and have families. I'm a bad Catholic because I feel that homosexuals should be allowed to marry if they love each other. Overall, I'm a bad Catholic because I'm not scared to challenge beliefs set by a bunch of old men in really big hats, who refuse to take their heads out of the ground and see the world as it is today.

Maybe it's just me but the way the Catholic religion justifies its prejudice against homosexuals reminds me of how the Ku Klux Klan uses religion to justify its hatred against people who are not like them. It seems that they twist the words in the Bible to suit their needs.

My God is a loving God who sent his only son down to earth in order to die for our sins. My God does not smite people for being gay or anything else. My God is an understanding God and as long as I have Him and Good in my heart, I think he will love me.

I guess because I accept people for who they are and not judge them, that makes me a bad Catholic.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: