Sunday, April 17, 2005

Friggin Vultures

I was at Costco today, buying groceries and other crap when I came across the DVD section. Now I always browse the DVD's because, not only am I interested in the new releases but they have good deals on older films as well. Anyway as I'm looking at the new stuff, I find 2 different DVD's about Pope John Paul II. The person is dead for only 2 weeks and there are DVD's out about his life already? ? ? ? Who are the fucking vultures who put this thing out so damn quick?

Ok so the Pope was ill for sometime but is there some friggin ghoul out there waiting for someone famous to die and then ordering the release of DVD's about his life? I remember stuff about Ronald Reagan coming out but it wasn't less than 2 weeks after his death. There are Catholics still in morning and then they find this thing. As far as I'm concerned, they are no better than the thieves who tried to defraud people by claiming to represent a charity to help victims of the tsunami.

I don't have a problem with tributes to be released on DVD but its how quickly they were released. That's the problem I'm having right now. The new Pope hasn't been appointed yet and the tribute to John Paul II is already out (2 of them actually). Is there a guy who runs a warehouse full of DVD's waiting for famous people to die?

I can imagine some creepy little guy who smokes cigars waiting for the call. Oh as well, he probably makes phone calls to people saying stuff like "Has Walter Cronkite been to his doctor lately? " There's something vile about it. Then again, its not as bad as something people saying that they're glad that he's gone. That takes sick to a new level. Disagreeing with someone's beliefs is one thing but to take joy in that person's passing is sickening and they should be ashamed of themselves.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: