Monday, April 18, 2005

I want to be the boss

I’m at work and I’m again lost for words. Instead I only have feeling to share. I’m feeling discouraged right now and I’m not sure why. It’s been less than a week since I meet with the placement agency so they have lots of time. I also applied for another job here, where I currently work. Perhaps this will make me feel somewhat better but I doubt it.

I want to work in an office environment, wearing a tie, working with new technology and making decisions. I WANT TO SELL OUT AND BECOME A CORPERATE WHORE. There I’ve said it. I want to be a decision-maker instead of the person working has ass off trying to make fantasy become reality. I want to be the one at home relaxing while everyone else bust their asses. I’ve done my time in hell, now I’m ready to sell out and join you.

Though I can’t see myself as being a “pointy haired boss” because I want to understand how the process works. I’d be more of a hands-off manager. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t be around, but I wouldn’t tell them how to do what they already know. I wouldn’t micro manage.

Another type of manager that I despise is the “ivory tower” manager. They hide in their office and let the people come to them. They are oblivious to what is going on around them. I hate that type as well and I wouldn’t want to become that.

There is one problem though. I know that when some people get into management, their brains melt, they rely on BS management lingo and become shit for brains. I had a manager who kept shoving this “team player” crap down my throat while everyone else just did sweet piss all while I did everything myself. I’m just hoping that I remember all my experiences and remember not to become a jackass.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: