Thursday, September 09, 2004

Someone must think I'm really stupid

I got this e-mail last night. This is a good one

Dear Sir/Madam,I am Samuel M. Kgosi, with the Bank of Botswana.This is an urgent andvery confidential business proposition.

On June 6, 2000,a Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the BotswanaInstitute of Mining and Metallurgy, Mr.Anthony Stones made a numberedtime(Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued atUS$26,500,000.00,(Twenty-six Million, five hundred thousand Dollars) in my branch.

Upon maturity,I sent a routine notification to his forwarding addressbut got no reply. After a month,we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the National PetroleumCorporation that Mr.Anthony Stones died from an automobile accident.

On further investigation,I found out that he died without making aWILL,and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.

I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr.AnthonyStones did not declare any kin or relations in all his officialdocuments,including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. This sum ofUS$26,500,000.00 has carefully been fixed in my bank for safekeeping.

No one will ever come forward to claim it.According to Botswana Law, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a Foreigner tostand in as the owner of the money which was fixed deposited in my bank.I am writing you because I as a public servant,i cannot operate a foreign account.

I want to present you as the owner of the funds so you can be able toclaim them with the help of my attorney. This is simple.I will like youto provide immediately your full names and address so that the Attorneywill prepare the necessary documents which will put you in place as thebeneficiary of the funds.The money will be moved out for us to share in the ratio of 80% for meand 20% for you. The paperwork for this transaction will be done by theAttorney

If you are interested, please reply immediately via my email address andUpon your response,I shall then provide you with more details that willhelp you understand the transaction.

Be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for bothof us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in realestate within your country.

Awaiting your urgent reply via my email Above.

Thanks and my regards.

Samuel. M. Kgosi.Bank of Botswana.

What I want to know is do these people really think I would fall for this piece of crap? I mean come on here? I saw this scam on a news magazine about 8 months ago and now they want to try it on me?

I really have a couple of words for these people but I’m not going to say them here. I don't want to swear on my blog.

What really bothers me if the fact that when I notified my ISP, their only response was to tell me since it wasn’t from one of their customers, I should track the e-mail and contract their ISP. They gave me instructions on how to do that and it was very helpful but what bothered me was the fact that they never said a thing about contacting the RCMP. Sure, they are trying to commit a crime but just tell the people who give them internet access and don’t bother the police. HELLO??????

Anyway I'm e-mailing it to the RCMP myself. I’ll let everyone know what happens next.

My 2 bytes


No comments: