Tuesday, August 29, 2006

April and I chatting away.

Over the weekend I got the chance to talk to April. After I completed my switch to Vonage, she sent me her phone number so I gave her a call. She’s a very nice person. She was a little surprised when I called. She had no idea who I was. She sounded a little nervous when a stranger asked for her, but she soon clicked in after I said. “It’s Canada calling”. She wasn’t expecting a call from me this soon.

We talked for a bit and I it was a nice conversation. She told me about how I had earned the title “That Damn Canadian” on her links. We talked about some of the IM conversations we’ve had. How life is in her new place. I’m so glad that she got out of the Ghetto. I was honestly fearful for her life when she would blog about the gang war in her neighborhood, the bullet holes in her truck and the whole experience in general.

We talked about the time she sent me a Christmas card that said Merry Fucking Christmas. She also had sent one to Vics. Both Vics and I were being poo poo about Christmas that year and she didn’t like it. She’s such a sweetheart.

I don’t want to talk about our whole conversation. I believe that she’s planning to do that but….I did learn is not to underestimate her. There’s a story involving an untrustworthy man, alcohol and a Brazilian stripper, but again that’s her story, (though it is a good one).

She’s also an IT person but she’s the type who refuses to take her work home with her. One way she does this is by not having net access at home. I’ll be honest; I would go nuts not having net access at home. Then again, I’ve always resisted the urge to run 5 servers at home and to host my friend’s websites for free.

This isn’t something that I would ever do. Especially since there are many inexpensive and even some free (but ad based) solutions, oh and Blogger’s totally free. Anyway she went from running servers from her ghetto apartment to no net access in her new place, away from the ghetto.

Personally, I’m just glad that she’s living in a far safer neighborhood.

There is one other problem though, awhile back I said something about recording a podcast with the people I called and she’s calling me in on it, so I guess I’m going to have to start working on the ‘tech’ issues again. Making sure the I can record the phone call and items like that. If this works, then the Podcast will have to return, with guests.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: