Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I post about NOTHING

Arghhh, the lack of creativity. It’s really getting to me. Once again, I find myself unable to think of something to write about, and to think, I wish that I could write for The Onion.

I really love The Onion. It has that strange sense of humour that’s just me. Just today I read a great article about how members of Twisted Sister are now willing to take it. I love it. I told a friend at work that and he had to think for a moment, then gave me a “you suck” look.

Honestly, I blame work, because I like it here so much more than the old place, I don’t have the need to escape into my own mind to numb the pain. How dare my employer make me think that I matter, that I make a difference and that I’m valuable. How dare you give me a sense of self worth. DAMN YOU!!!!

It might be because I no longer need to find somewhere to escape that I’m not as creative. I’m not sure, but I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s not a train. I can see myself being debt free in 2 to 3 years. How can I gripe about that?

We’ll the good news is that I’m still cheap, so there’s no chance that I’ll end up at some nudie bar giving out $20 to the “performers”. I’ll never be one of the “woot” guys, though those guys are entertaining as hell.

I remember being dragged to a nudie bar, and the guy who brought us there was more entertaining than the dancers. Not that I’m bashing the dancers (actually, they were kinda snobby), but this guy was so outrageous, that I enjoyed watching him more.

I’m scared that this blog might turn into a Seinfeld blog, a blog about nothing. I need something to get my creative juices going. I’ve yakked about bringing back the podcast, but I’ve been so lazy about it. I could do it for $5/month with libsyn. Who knows? Maybe I am turning into a blog about nothing. I might have to start blogging drunk. I’m reasonably sure that alcohol plays a roll in making Jay’s posts interesting.

My 2 Bytes

1 comment:

Olly said...

Never, never, never underestimate the fun, creativity and boldness of drunk blogging!