Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Second Interview

I had an interview today. I've also received a phone call to come back for a second interview. YES!!!! I'M GONNA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE.

I keep hearing things about how the company is continuing to screw me. I'm not going to discuss it because I'm not suppose to know, but I do. I have my ways of finding things out.

Now it's not exactly, what I wanted, but the commute is less, I'll be on salary and I'll be able to bank hours. I didn't ask about benefits or wages, because I didn't need to. They told me that they have a big Stampede event, and a Christmas party. My current employer is trying to combine the Stampede event with a family event. My current employer doesn't have a Christmas party. They have a "Employee Appreciation Brunch", and you're not allowed to bring spouses.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can blog about my "former" employer, while mentioning the name of the company. I purposely do not mention the company name, because I know that if I do, they will find out and fire me on that basis.

I've toyed with the idea of create a blog with the URL (company name)sucks.blogspot.com, but, don't want to let the anger destroy me. I don't want to be negative, but expect 1 post where I bash the place.

I know that I'm not the only one who feels like that. In fact, every former employee who I've ever talked to feels the same. They are happier in their new jobs and aren't stressed out. They feel appreciated, and not like a resource to be used at the company whim. A while ago, we had a huge exodus of the experienced staff. It got to the point that head office had to send people from Toronto to Calgary. This was a huge expense for the company, and you'd think that they would have learned from that mistake? I know that they haven't and I predict another exodus this year.

Well I'm hoping that the next interview will result in getting the job.

I'll keep you posted.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: