Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Am i scared?

I got a nibble today. No, not that kind of nibble I received a call from someone about a possible job. It’s IT related, but actually IT; it on the business side, coordinating work orders, working with contractors for a large communications company. It’s does interest me, but part of the job description scares the hell out of me. It’s a departure from what I’ve done in the past, but it does sound like a challenge.

The part that has me concerned is that there are terms in the job description that I’m not familiar with. I’ve Googled, MACD, but I’m not that I’ve discovered the correct definition. I’d also be dealing with contractors, and working with accounts payable for some stuff. I’m not sure that this is for me.

The problem I’m having right now is that, what if I’m scared of a new challenge. This isn’t what I’m really interested in, but on the other hand, what if I continue to not rise to a challenge. I made a few mistakes in the last year. I’ve been too focused on a specific goal, that I missed at least one opportunity. I have a feeling that this job isn’t right for me, but, the job recruiter did call me to set up an interview. I could go to the interview and see what happens.

The thing I fear the most is lost of income. I’m at the point where I have 2 jobs, so that must say something about what is going on money wise. If I get the new job and end up hating it, what will happen? I’ll be trapped, or worse yet. They will let me go, and then what.

I really don’t know what to do, but I guess sleeping on it won’t hurt.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: