Monday, May 05, 2008

The post that should have appeared last Monday (AKA The Comic Con)

Last weekend (the weekend before all hell broke loose with work), I went to a comic book convention. I had a really a good time, and I was looking forward to blogging about it when the shit hit the fan. So last week, I never had the opportunity to blog about it; instead I blogged about my rage and how I was abused. Over this pas weekend, I finally downloaded my pictures from my camera. Unfortunately, most of my pictures didn’t come out due to distance and darkness of the room, but I did get a few shots.

On Saturday, I spent most of my time at the costume contests. I guess I have a thing for people dressing up as Super Heroes, SciFi and Anime characters (Ok, maybe a fetish). The worst part was that all of the pictures didn’t come out because of the lack of light. If I can afford it, I’ll buy a new, better digital camera next year. I did get some pictures outside of the room.


Sunday was the cooler day. After getting off work, and a quick stop home to change (there was no way I was going to a Comic Con dressed in my grocery store uniform), I hit the panel room where Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor from Smallville) was suppose to be. He was running a little behind and one of the show’s producers was there taking questions. I remember some woman (yes there were girls there) asking me where Lex, was. I told her that he was suppose to be there. She left, figuring that he was a no show, but he did arrive 5 minutes after.

He talked about Smallville and answered many question. He did mention that he had the producer had driver straight from Vancouver to Calgary after they finished shooting the last episode of the season. He also mentioned that there will be a season 8 of Smallville but he’s leaving the show. We were surprised and saddened by that. I think that was the first time that he made that decision public. I also learned that he did the voice of the Flash, on the Justice League cartoon. (I love that cartoon). Oh and apparently he’s a Rangers fan.

After the Smallville panel finished and Michael left, George Takei, came out for a Heroes panel. I love Heroes. I think it’s one of the best shows on Television. These days, TV is polluted with reality shows and other crap. To the point that I don’t have cable tv anymore. I had to give up my Satellite dish when I moved, and I never bothered to get cable. Honestly I don’t miss it as much as I thought I would. The few shows that I do like, I download, and I end up buying DVD box sets when they come out. (No commercials in the box sets).

Anyway, George came out and he was great. He talked about Heroes, Star Trek, and a few other things. When I say a few others things I mean the Howard Stern show when I, YES I SPOKE to George Takei. I asked him how he became a part of the Howard Stern show. He records all the promos and does a appearance every 3 months. He answered, by telling the history of his experiences with Howard, how he didn’t appreciate him, during his appearances on the show, and how Howard had sent people to a Star Trek convention had them ask some outrageous questions and they played them on the air. He spoke about how he ended up on the show as a semi regular and how he’s proud to know Howard for his stance against the war in Iraq and how he’s not scared to voice his disapproval.


I did buy a few things at the con as well, but I’m always the type to keep an eye on what I spend so I didn’t buy much. I look forward to the day that I can go wild and buy whatever I want, but alas, that day is a few years away ..at least.

I had a great time that weekend. I had a lot of fun and I didn’t want it to end. I also felt a dread for the following Monday, when… well we know what happened then. Either way, I can’t wait for the 2009 Comic con.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: