Monday, October 01, 2007

My path, I think

It’s Monday and I’m once again feeling less than grand. You ever wake up and think that the week is going to suck? Well I felt like that today after I got into work. I arrived 15 minutes early and thought to myself. This is going to be a long week. Again I suffer from a lack of focus, a lack of topic so I’m just going to yadda yadda it.

Today I went to the Bank of Canada’s website to check out their currency converter and I have discovered that the Canadian dollar is now work (drum roll) $1.01 US. Now this is both good and bad. This is good because I’m looking forward making a trip across the border with my more powerful dollar. This is also a bad thing because my e-commerce site spacestationanime.com accepts prices in US dollars soooo I’m now being paid in dollars that are worth $99 cents. So it looks like I’ll be working a little longer than I though, Either way I’ve decided to keep the job until I’m debt free, That will take as long as it takes I decided., though I’m still going to do some traveling next year.

I’ve decided that I’ve been dreaming a little bit about the site. I knew that it wasn’t going tom be as easy and I originally thought, but now I’ve decided that it’s going to be harder than that. I keep looking at little things that I need to do and they are pilling up and are turning into BIG things. I know that I can do it; it’s just going to take some time.

Last week I received a notice that the building I live in has been sold. I’ve received these notices in the past and the last 2 times I received such a document, it was soon followed by a notice to vacate due to “major renovations”, and that they were going “condo”. Today is the first of the month so I’m hoping that no such notice will be awaiting me when I get home tonight. I spoke to some people in managers office and they told me that (at the time) that no changes were being made. I saw some people moving out yesterday, which is common, I just hope that the people who will be moving in this week aren’t about to get as screwed as me.

Again, if I have to move out, I’m probably going to leave Calgary and head for Saskatchewan. I’m getting fed up with the cost of living and crime in this city, not to mention the skyrocketing crime. This morning I read about a 17 year old who was killed by being hit in the head with a pickaxe. What’s really bothering me is that these acts of violence are becoming too common. I’m no longer fazed by these events and that disturbs me. I’m starting to feel like a prisoner in this city and I’m starting to get pissed off by this feeling. I have a friend who’s a member of the local Guardian Angels and he tells me that there are some bad things going on in this city; things that I want no part of. Right now I’m avoiding the parts of town where the homeless hang out, like the plague.

Basically I’m not living the life I dreamed of but who does? At least I’m trying to do something about it.

My 2 bytes

No comments: