Thursday, October 25, 2007

A stupid clown gave me Hepatitis A

Every fall, McDonalds in Canada runs Monopoly contest, you collect the playing pieces on the wrappers of some of the food and the drinks, you collect them and you may win lots of money or you can instantly win food or cash prizes. Well I may have won something this year, but it wasn’t on the list of prizes. I may have won Hepatitis A. Apparently the McDonalds that was located across the street from where I work had a food server who had Hepatitis A. Now I have to go get a shot. Lovely.

This news story has been all over town, and the Calgary Health Region has opened a clinic in the area so I can have someone stick two needles into my arm. (I really hate needles). I’ve talk to my boss about it, since he went for his shot yesterday, and he had to get 2 shots. Uggg I really hate needles, and I don’t care how cute the nurse is, who’s giving me the shot, if she causes me real pain, she’s going to end up on her ass, with me standing over her all green and going ARGHHH, a la The Incredible Hulk. There’s a 30% chance that I will cry like a baby.

At this point I’m fairly certain that I probably caught “something”. I usually go to this place 2 or 3 times a week in the morning to pick up breakfast, an Egg McMuffin meal (which includes a hash brown (who the hell named that thing a HASH brown, I feel like I’m ordering drugs instead of breakfast)) and a large Iced Tea. I never order Hepatitis A. Oh and I consider this virus to be a value added bonus.

I’ve been reading about Hepatitis A for obvious reasons. I’ve also looked that the symptoms, wondering if I might be effected.

So far I’ve been experiencing Fatigue but nothing else, in fact I feel tired right now. I’ve been having bouts of fatigue for a little while now. Then again, the reason that I’ve tired is because I just want to take a nap.

Needless to say that I’m pissed at McDonalds and will NEVER eat there again, because their employees obviously do not was their hands after going to the bathroom, because that’s HOW HEPATITIS SPREADS !!!!

Now comes the ugly part, when you get the shot, they shoot it into the shoulder and you end up feeling sore, and I’m pretty sure that I’m going to need two shots because of the amount of times that I’ve eaten there. So I guess I’m getting a free shot from McDonalds as well.

So Mr Ronald McDonald, if you’re reading this, take note, if we ever meet, I’m going to shove a Big Mac up your ass. I will get my revenge. I swear it.

My 2 Bytes


UPDATE: I GOT 2 NEEDLES. I'M GONNA GET THAT CLOWN

No comments: