Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another trip, a company cellphone and a thank you.

Well I just got the word today that I’m going to be spending a week in Regina, and that includes a weekend. On top of that, I’ll be going back again in January. It looks like head office really does have some faith in me. So I’m going to be supporting both Calgary and Regina IT wise. Between that and the new cellphone the company issued me, it looks like I’m a real professional yahoo.

I’ll be honest; I’m feeling pretty good about all this. Everything is coming together. I’m proud of myself. Now if I my paycheque could look the same way, but I’m going to have to wait till January I think. Though everyone is suppose to get a raise this pay, in order to meet the rising salaries in Calgary. I have yet to hear a thing about my raise though. Oh well, I’ll just have to wait and see.

That’s always the key thing though right? Money? Even though the traveling is going to be nice, and the paid hotel room, the paid meals (I get $44 a day per diem), and the rental car. The car rentals are always nice. I don’t own my own vehicle right now so having work pay for me to drive around is a real treat. Hopefully with the pay raise and getting on salary will finally afford me the luxury of being about to buy a car, even a used car would be nice.

So today I don’t have a rant or a rave; instead I just want to say is THINGS ARE FINALLY HAPPENING FOR ME.

I know that not everyone has that kind of luck I’ve had in the past year, but whatever you do, don’t give up. Just keep on trying and your efforts will be noticed. My opportunity came from someone who’s no longer works for the company. I haven’t heard from her since she left but I do know that wherever she is, she will be a success; probably a far greater success than myself, and I do not say that because of a lack of confidence in my abilities, but for the great respect I have for her. Thank you C.B. It was your confidence in my that allowed me to get to where I am today and I am eternally grateful.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: