Friday, February 04, 2011

I have that feeling again.

I've had this feeling in the past. The feeling that I should be doing more in my life than I currently am. It doesn't help that a friend of mine is doing is "reboot" right now. He's in Cambodia right now, and will soon be going to Australia to go to film school. He's braver than I am. Then again, I had some bad advise.Instead of going to Ryerson University in Toronto to pursue my broadcast career, I went to a community college, and had very little to show for it. I ended up working part time at some community access channels. If I had gone to Ryerson, perhaps my life would have taken a different path.

I'm not going to go into a life sucks post, because compared to a lot of other people, I have it damn good, I just want more. I remember during my brief moment of unemployment, I decided that I was going to write a book.  I struggled with the first page. I was missing something,. I'm still not sure what it is, but I know I was missing something.

I do know one thing. I see the next direction in my life being a MBA. I honestly see it as a path to where I really want to be. Perhaps back to media, which is my original love. New or traditional media, I still love it. The idea of communicating ideas. I only did the IT Degree to make myself marketable, and to be fair it did work. When I lost my last job, I was unemployed for only 6 weeks, which isn't bad compared to a lot of other people.

I have a friend, who I'm going to be visiting this year who is also finishing her BSc. I hope it allows her to make her dreams come true. I'll probably nudge her in the right direction. Not that she will need it.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do after getting my MBA, but I still see it as the next level in the evolution of my professional life. I also see it as a means to move back east to be closer to my family. Even though I don't really want to move back east anymore. It's not that I want to. It's because I feel that I have to. Then again, with my MBA, I would be making more money and I would have more freedom, to travel back east to see everyone. I just see a move to Ontario, and a move backwards. Perhaps I will feel differently after getting my MBA. Maybe an opportunity will appear that I will want which will require me to move to Ontario. A career at Google perhaps?

I do know one thing. I know that once again, the status quo is not appealing to me. I want to do more than "pay the rent".


I swear I'll blog about something funnier next time, like Bieber the lesbian.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: