Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm missing Keith

Last Friday, I was watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann as I do every weeknight when he announced that this was his last show. Needless to say, I was shocked. In fact I couldn't believe my ears. I felt like I was loosing a friend.

Now I know, you're thinking that what's the big deal? Just some guy on TV moving on. Well it's not just like that. Unlike other people on TV, especially on a channel with the words Fox and News on it, I really enjoyed watched Keith. He always backed up his points with...ACTUAL FACTS (hint hint Fox News). He is someone to be respected, for his opinions and how he backs them up. Also, because he's not scared to laugh. I never heard anyone at Fox News say "World's Largest Burrito....droool". Fox News is too good for Homer Simpson I guess.

 The most important thing, I guess is that Keith isn't going away. He's not on TV for now, but he is still on the Internet. He took the time to live-tweeted the State Of the Union Address last night, so he's still around.

Now I know you're wondering why would a Canadian care about a US political pundit, other than the World's Largest Burrito thing. It's quite simple. I respect the guy. I sure as hell as don't respect most of the people at Fox News, with the exception of Shepard Smith (that's who they get when they need someone over there to do the right thing). Keith Olbermann has earned my respect, and he can still make me smile, with the occasions DOWN GOES FRASER.

I'm glad that Keith isn't going away and I look forward to him appearing on TV again very soon, and not just doing sports stuff.

I see Keith Olbermann as a man of integrity, and there are so few of those people left these days. I'm not sure if I could hold onto my integrity as well as Keith has. That is why I respect him so much. However in Keith's own words (not originally his) TIME MARCHES ON.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: