Thursday, April 08, 2010

Let's try this again

Ok, before I was rudely interrupted yesterday by the camera in the HELLO talk I was going to talk about the path I want my career to take and how I'm going to do it.

First of all, I need my student loan debt paid off, so I have to work on that first. The good news is that I should be able to have that paid off my late summer 2011, unless I loose my job again. I'm working contract right now, with the possibility that I could be brought on full time. Obviously I want full time, but for now I'm gonna take it one day at a time.

So after the debt is paid off, I'm going to have a fair bit of money to work with, so the first thing I'm gonna do is get my ITIL certification. Now that is some BS thing where I know about IT processes, and management stuff. In my opinion, I think it a little blaaa, but it could be work extra money a year, and it's not too expensive a certification, as oppose to what I'm going to do next.

So after that I'm going to get my MCSE Certification. This is a Microsoft deal for knowing about servers and the like. Again, I think it will help my career in the future. The bad news is that it's going to cost a little more, so I'll probably wait a year after I get the ITIL to get that certification.

After that, I want to get my CCNA certification. This is a network thing, with connecting to networks. It's something I also want. Again, this is going to be fairly expensive, so I'll have to wait another year to get that.

Lastly, after getting all those certifications, I should be making more money, so then I'm going back to University, to get my MBA. I want to get it, so I can get into managing IT projects. Between that and my IT certifications, I think I'll finally get the career I really want.

So that's the plan. I'll try to lighten things up tomorrow, but I wanted to tell everyone what my path was, just to show that I indeed have direction in life.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: