Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Need to get myself in gear.

I have a confession to make. I’ve all but ignored Space Station Anime for 8 months now. I’ve been letting the site run on autopilot since February. Not a good way to run an e-commerce business is it. Even after I gotten paying customers to the site and made money, I never updated the site. I didn’t update the Google or Yahoo ads. I just let thing s run on their own. That’s going to change.

This week I’ve started adding new products to the site this week, and I’m going to go back to marketing the thing. It’s so bad that I forgot my username and password to my Yahoo Marketing account. I had to dig through old e-mail to find my username, so I could reset my password.

I think it was a combination of concentrating on finding a new job, and the joy of the new job that I haven’t worked on the website for some time. I spend so much time, working find a new job, and when I found a new job, I was shocked that I was making so much more. So much that I thought that, the old company was a bunch of cheap skates (actually, I thought that already, but I did hit pay dirt with the new company).

Well now, that I’ve been with the company for 3 months, and I’m doing well, I’d still like to be able to do more. I’ve been pondering quitting the second job at Safeway, but, I still like the idea of getting that extra income. The more I thought about it, the more I thought “why the hell am I not promoting the website more”. So I’m back with Space Station Anime.

Something else occurred to me. There are marketing people here and some of the things they do is work on promoting the company website. So now I’m thinking, that why can’t I pick these guys brains for getting tips on promoting my site? So at this point, I’ve back working on the site.

Actually even though the site has been on autopilot for awhile, I’m getting decent traffic, anywhere from 5 to 15 hits a day. Sure I’ve only had a few customers, but there’s no reason why I can’t continue to work on this and more importantly, get more visitors and eventually more customers.

Anyway, I once again have direction. Every once in a while, I tend to get off track. Maybe it’s a ADD thing or perhaps it’s just….oh shiny thing.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: