Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The naked Gamer

Apparently 1 in 5 Canadian males, plays videogames in the “buff”. Sans clothes, free as a bird, we’re talking NAKED. This information came forward after Microsoft did a poll asking Canadian about their “gaming habits”. First of all, I want to know, is why did Microsoft ask if I play videogames naked? Does Bill Gates have a fetish for naked gamers? If so, I think he’s rather disappointed to find out that only 9% of Canadian women have played a videogame naked as opposed to 17% of men. Oh it get’s better, the younger you are, the more likely you are to have played naked. Again, why does Microsoft care if I’m naked?

Now I’m a gamer, I’ve made no secret about it, but I’m not a nudist. The idea of being “bare assed” while playing City of Heroes is not a good thing. Sitting at my PC “free as a bird” while I’m playing a videogame is not a good idea. First of all, sitting in an office chair in “all my glory” is a bad idea. We are talking chaffing people. I used to have a leather chair, and I didn’t want to leave “stains” on the thing, and now I have a “fabric” chair, the marks it would leave on my behind do not appeal to me. So my feeling is that the naked gamers are playing console games (Playstation 2 or 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii). Wait, someone naked playing with their Wii? EWWWW.

This also reminds me of the Ebay pictures where you can a reflection of the guy (or gal) in a mirror or in a window and you can see that they’re FREE as the wind. There are some people who just have a need to be “sans clothes”. Now I have played videogames in my swim trunks, but never nude and never in my underwear. I have this fear that the Police are going to burst into my apartment one day, with the media behind them, and I’ll be on the couch, with my hands on my “controller”. I take these kinds of precautions. I’m the type of guy who will lock the door to the bathroom, even if I’m in a log cabin, in the middle of the tundra, with no one around for hundreds of miles. I’m locking that door.

Ok, I’m a little paranoid, but there is NO WAY, pictures of my naked ass are going to end up on the Internet.

My 2 bare assed bytes

No comments: