Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dumb Ass Lawyers

I’ve never been impressed with lawyers. In my opinion, layers mostly a bunch of self-important weasels, who think they’re better than the rest of us, (though the same argument can be made of IT people as well). The biggest problem I have with lawyers as of late is that they don’t seem to understand how the law is so behind technology, and the changes in society as a result to of technology.

There’s a trial going on in San Francisco right now. The issue is that the SysAdmin (Head Computer guy) had locked other users out of administrating a new network that the city has invested millions of dollars to set up. His story is that he didn’t want to give others access because they would “screw it up”. Now I admit, that this guy is a bit of a screwball, and might need a “little vacation”. Now’s here’s the part that gets me. As part of the city’s lawyer’s strategy to convict this guy, they submitted as evidence (and now public knowledge) 150 usernames and PASSWORDS of city network admins. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! At this point, wouldn’t give out my password to management either because of incompetent things like this. I MEAN REALLY!!!

For quite sometime, I’ve always believed that what is legal and what is right are two different things. The RIAA and how they’ve been extorting people who download music is a perfect example; big money lawyers shaking down people for thousands of dollars. I’m just glad that people are now fighting back, and winning against the RIAA.

Here’s my theory. These people spend years and years studying old books about laws that were written 40 to 50 years ago. They fill their heads with so much crap that common sense gets pushed out of their head. (on the other hand the greed and selling their souls to the devil theory is just as good). It’s either that or they can’t see what is going on around them because of their bullshit coloured glasses.

Oh and I want to state that this is my opinion, and I have a right to my opinion, so don’t sue me you soulless lawyers.

I really do not have any respect for lawyers because of their inability to comprehend reality today from laws written 40+ years ago, and as long as they continue to wear the bullshit coloured glasses, I will continue to think this way.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: