Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Work is pissing me off.

This is what happened. I’m away from my desk for 15 minutes to deal with an issue and when I get back, the DC Manger tells me that I should have a note on my desk when I’m away. LEAVE A NOTE SO PEOPLE CAN FIND ME? WHY DON’T I JUST WEAR A COLLAR WITH A LITTLE BELL SO PEOPLE CAN FIND ME THAT WAY? I MEAN REALLY.

Let’s get this straight. I carry a company cell phone as well as a cordless phone with my phone extension, but NOOOOO, now I have to waste my time making up stupid signs every time I have to leave my cubicle. What’s next? Having to ask permission to go to the bathroom? Maybe I should have a bed pan at my desk? Hell, let’s just chain me to my chair from 8:00am to 4:30pm? Get the feeling that I’m miffed?

I’m starting to feel a little “taken for granted” here (Ok I’m feeling A LOT “taken for granted”. It’s the same crap and now they keep assigning me to do stupid stuff like, cleaning the front office, and putting paper in the photocopier. I didn’t get my degree so I could spend my day filling a photocopier and buzz people into the front door, and have people ask me if were hiring in such a thick Punjabi accent that I can barely understand them.

Oh, and another thing, what REALLY pisses me off is when people come in and as soon as they see someone else who’s of their ethnic group, they suddenly ignore me. They talk to that person in their own language. Needless to say, when I hand their application over to HR, I mention the exchange, and how rude they are.

Basically that is what pisses me off at work right now.

One nice thing though, I was given a Toblerone and a Hot Chocolate today, so their not all bad.

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: