Sunday, July 10, 2005

OurMedia sucks

I remember thinking that OurMedia.org was a great idea. Well I take it back, they suck. I know they're still in Alpha but I want results, even if I'm not paying for them. So now I've set up a podcast site, thanks to www.podblaze.com and it's FREE. My audioblog post is there now.



So today I ended up at the Stampede and scarfed down some mini donuts for Dr. Cheryl. I wasn't there too long actually. I checked some stuff out. I had to see Martin Yan do his live cooking show. I also went to check out the Superdogs, and Rodeo X.

This year, it seems that the bands playing at the Stampede grounds suck. In years past they had some good free music but I don't know what is going on. I think Coca Cola got cheap this year.

However this doesn't mean that there isn't any good acts to see in town this week. You just have to pay to see them. Cowboys has Vanilla Ice. Colin James, David Lee Roth and Sam Roberts playing this week. THAT'S JUST ONE WEEK IN ONE CLUB!!! Coyotes has Bo Diddley, Theory of a Deadman, The Jamie Kennedy Experiment and Bif Naked. Anyway, you get my point.

Oh and whoever thought it was a good idea to put that BLEEPING Howl in the Coyotes website needs a serious kick in the nuts.

So once again, I'm starting to listen to a lot of podcasts. Now that I have my second hard drive back, I can download with impunity. Right now I have 111Gigs of free space.

I've been listening to the usual tech related stuff, like This Week in Tech, but now I'm also listening to Diggnation, a new podcast from the people at Digg.com and its being done by Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht. I liked them when they hosted the Screen Savers towards the end before those bastards at G4 killed it and started that bullshit “Attack of the Show” show.

A really good podcast is Dawn and Drew. They live in an old farmhouse in the country and they're pretty funny. The last one I listened to, Dawn was talking how men with boobs make her hot.

Another one I listened to was Keith and the Girl. It feels similar to Dawn and Drew but it has a Howard Stern New York feel to it. Again a good listen.

Then I remembered that I had an idea of doing a Skypecast, chatting with someone on Skype and recording that but I never got around to it. Oh well, in the near future.

Oh, I put up a crapload of pics on my mobblog, mostly the Stampede parade before my camera phone died (piss me off) and I have a bunch more to put up, so I'll get right on that.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: