Thursday, January 28, 2010

Abba World?

I couldn't make this up, even if I tried.

Abbaworld, SERIOUSLY? Who thought this was a good idea? Is this because of that damn Mama Mia show/movie/whatever? Should I be blaming Meryl Streep for this? I can't believe this is for real, and wholly sanctioned by the band.

Well first the good news. It's not in North America, it's in London, so I can proudly say that it's not our idea...until they move it to New York or something. Now the bad news, it's located near one of the potential hotels that I've singled out for my trip to London.

SERIOUSLY, WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

How can I describe this mess? How about I just cut and paste the description.

"The hugely interactive experience will take visitors on a mind-blowing journey through ABBAWORLDS' 25 rooms, bursting with exclusive music, footage, images and never-before-displayed memorabilia from the personal collections of the world's most cherished pop icons; Agnetha, Benny, Björn and Frida. "

Let's see, 25 rooms of this shit? 25 rooms of Abba crap? 25 rooms dedicated of the "world's more cherished pop icons"? Wasn't Michael Jackson the King of Pop? Did the guys in the group actually sing? With the exception of 1 song. All I ever hear are the women singing. For awhile, I thought the guys were the roadies. Was Abba that big? If they were so huge, why couldn't they afford more letters in their name? "Let's buy another B Pat".

ARE THEY FRIGGIN SERIOUS?

I wonder when men go to see this thing, there's a spot where they can check in their nuts, because they're not going to need them when they go see this.

There's also Abba quizes, and multimedia presentations including holographic displays, including the ability to be in a Abba music video, appear in a Abba poster, and album cover.

UGGGHHHHH. Easy stomach, don't turn over.

What I also love is how they decided that London was "nautrual" choice for the location of this disaster. I think this is one of the signs of the upcoming apocalypse. I'm sure of it. First Sarah Palin and now this.

Ok, this is what I want. I want all the Sex Pistol fans in London to rise up, go to this thing and trash the place. Oh, and beat the crap out of Justin Hawkins of The Darkness as well. I'm sure that freak is there every day. I'm pretty sure he's Tiny Tim's love child.

I'm sure you've guessed by now, that I'm not going to this thing. I have no interest in seeing this thing, and I hope that it shuts down as soon as possible, and to minimize the trauma to the innocent. I know I've said that in the past that nothing can make someone gay, but I take it back. This might be it. If teenage boys so see this thing, I'm pretty sure that they's going to come out of there, with a craving for penis and head straight to the mall to buy some leather pants. Where the heck is Pat Robertson when we need him? Why isn't he condemning this?

That last bit was probably over the top, and I'm sorry, but seriously EWWWW!!!!!

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: