Friday, September 25, 2009

It's just a statue, dumb ass.

Why is it that religious groups tend to piss me off? Whenever they open their mouths, they just prove how narrow minded they are. Well, I guess that’s why they piss me off. They’re a bunch of hypocrites.

I read today that Concerned Christians Canada has sent a letter to the Calgary Zoo because they are offended by an elephant statute by the … (wait for it) Elephant exhibit. These people are really pathetic. What really bothered me the most was their anger of the display of a “foreign god”. A FOREIGN GOD!!! What a bunch of racist bastards. I wonder how the Hindu Society of Calgary would feel about their God being referred to as a foreigner.

They claim that the statue is a representation of a the Hindu God Ganesh, even though the zoo officials made sure that there were no religious symbolism on the statue, and because they feel that it should be taken down. BULLSHIT. What gives these wackos the right to decide that can or cannot be seen by the general population of this City. They claim that they’re offended by the statue, and that’s all it is, a statue, not an idol. Well I’m offended by their closed minded thinking. HOW ABOUT THAT, so so-called Christians.

When I hear a group saying crap like that, I feel there are no better than the KKK, or Muslim fundamentalists. They should also change the name of their organization as well, because NO NORAML CANADIAN THINKS LIKE THAT. As Canadians, we appreciate our multiculturalism. It’s what makes us a better place to live. It makes us the envy of many people from around the world. If not, then why are they coming here?

The good part of this story is that the Calgary Zoo is standing up to these narrow-minded people. We need to stand up against these people, or else they will eventually think that they have the right to control every part of our lives. Isn’t that what the Taliban was doing in Afghanistan?

This isn’t the first time I’ve heard this kind of crap from these people either. A few years ago, a pastor went and wrote a letter “declaring war against the homosexual machine”. A complaint was filed with the Alberta Human Rights commission, and the man was then charged with a hate crime. This is the mentality of the people who wrote this letter to the zoo.

These people do not deserve the slightest bit or respect from me, or any sane person in Canada. I refuse to give these crackpots the time of day. Get an education.

My 2 Bytes

2 comments:

Olly said...

Don't get me started on organized religion....
My street address is 666. 'nough said.

Vics said...

lol poor baby! at least you know these zealots are keeping up with other religions - how many folks know who the great god ganesh actually is?