Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm here...and I love the free coffee

I know I said I was going to post more often…but I’m still trying to get used to my new schedule. Oh, and buying a Playstation 3 on Thursday didn’t help things either. So I’ve started week 2 and I’m all by myself today. One guy was off and the other guy called in…whatever. So it’s me all by my lonesome. I have to hold the fort…IT wise. Good thing that I know what I’m doing…I think.

I’ve decided that I’m going to refrain from talking about work from now on. Before it was easy to talk about the job because of my personal feeling over the place, but now…I feel like I’m in heaven. I can go on forever about how much better the new place is, but I’d bore everyone to death, so I’m not going to…except for FREE COFFEE.

Actually, I can see one problem forming with the new place. The free coffee is going to get me so WIRED. I can picture myself running down the halls screaming WERE OUT OF MILK!!! HOW CAN I HAVE MY COFFEE WITHOUT MILK? Of course, they wouldn’t run out of milk, because they have lots and lots of the little thingys that they have in the refrigerator, and even if they run out in that room, there’s the shop floor lunch room, or I can use the powdered creamer. Though, worst-case scenario, I’ll drink it black.

I just hope that I’m not going to be at my workstation (I say workstation because there’s a lot more room than that sucky desk that I blogged about. Oh yeah that post got me in trouble with the old company. How did they find out? Well there was that post on May 27th where I mentioned the company by name. I did it after I gave my notice because I figured that I was safe. Well guess what. They found out that I mentioned them in my blog, and then…they went through my posts and decided that I defamed the company and forced me to resign…effective immediately. I did mentioned that I mentioned the company AFTER I accepted the new position and gave my notice, right? So at the end of it all, I was paid for 2 weeks after I resigned, started my new job the Monday after I “resigned”. Thus the extra money went to my new Playstation 3. I’m just glad that I’m out of there.

Arghh, even after leaving, that place still holds a spot in the back of my mind. I figure that it’s going to take awhile before I can totally remove the bad Karma of the old job, and let the good Karma of this job to fully sink in. It really is the little things that matter, like free coffee, that can make a place a good work environment.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: