Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I don't want to be a responsable adult anymore

Ok I'm back. I know I went away for a little bit, but I have a good excuse...ok I sent the weekend playing City of Heroes because it was Double XP weekend. It's not like it happens often...ok I play City of Heroes every weekend but it was DOUBLE XP WEEKEND. STOP JUDGING ME!!! *SOB*

Well work has kept me busy, work and the site. I've started an ad campaign with Yahoo Marketplace. I'm not starting to get real traffic on the site, around 20 hits a day, so it's a start. I'll also be starting the Google Adword campaign this coming weekend (and there's no City of Heroes DOUBLE XP weekend so I won't get distracted).

Overall, it's been a long week so far, and it's only Tuesday. I've been trying to make time to write a blog post (and something else), but work has been getting in the way. It's even been getting in the way of sleep. I had to be up at 4:00am, in order to be at work for 6:00, oh and I'm NOT a morning person. I keep thinking to the day when I can slept in until 8 or 9 am, instead of getting up at 6 or even 4am. At least I can say that I'm doing SOMETHING. I know a lot of people who are all talk and no action, not the mention the few who think the lottery is their retirement plan.

Personally I'm really tired of loosing 2 hours of my day travelling to and from work. It really pisses me off that I loose all that time. At least with my second job, I only have a 15 minute walk on Sunday morning because the C-Train isn't running at that time. Going home and Saturday's is a 2 minute trip.

About a year ago I bought a book online called No Opportunity Wasted. It's by that Phil guy from The Amazing Race show (which I love), and it's basically a book about ceasing the day, and living your life to the fullest. Right now I'm not doing that. Right now I can't even get out of the city. There are so many things that I want to do, but I keep making excuse because of blaaa blaaa blaaa. I'm so bad that it took me over a year to start reading the damn thing, but I'm doing it now, a little bit before I go to sleep. I'm suppose to make a list of "goals" of things to acomplish so here goes.

Visit Ground Zero in New York.

Visit everyone on my Blogroll

Get my Pilot's license

Buy a house in Florida

Learn to Sky dive.

Learn to Scuba dive.

These are items that I've toyed with but I will do them.

Awhile back I made a similar list and I did accomplish some of those things, including attending a taping of the Late Show with David Letterman, but lately adult life has been getting in the way of everything. So I've decided that I'm tired of being an adult. I want to enjoy life again, and honestly, most adults don't really enjoy life. Well I'm going to do something else.

To quote what's his name from Trainspotting. I'm choosing not to choose live, I'm choosing something else.

No comments: