Monday, February 19, 2007

Great Canadian Inventions.

I got a request. Normally I don’t do requests but I feel I have to in order to defend the honor of my country. I received an e-mail from Vics and in it she told me that she and her friends had a discussion about Canada, and was mentioned, my name is known across the pond now. Anyway, the discussion was about things Canada has contributed to world or famous Canadian of noteworthy mention. Basically all they could come up with was Maple Syrup I mean….COME ON!!!! YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!! However they cannot and they have asked me Canuck Boy to help out, so here goes.

The Telephone: Alexander Graham Bell invented as most people know but he was NOT American. He was Canadian

Insulin: A drug created by Frederick Banting, so diabetics all over the world could now lead a normal life, and manage their disease.

IMAX: A Film resolution that allows for far greater detail in movies.

U.N. Peace Keepers: The idea of Preston B Pearson, when he was Canada’s ambassador to the UN. He would later become one of Canada’s greatest Prime Ministers (They even named the Toronto airport after him).

JAVA The Computer Language: Created by James Gosling back in 1994. The Internet would not be what it is today if it weren’t for this guy and I don’t mean spam.

The Wonderbra: Any garment that promotes cleavage is a GREAT CANADIAN INVENTION (I’m sorry I had to put something like that in to make sure you’re paying attention)

The Blackberry: Created by Canadian Company Research in Motion or RIM for short.

Standard Time: Sandford Fleming came up with the idea of standardized time zones all over the world.

Pacemaker: Invented by Canadian John Hopps

Ski Doo: A vehicle created for traveling in Canadian winters. Invented by Joseph-Armand Bombardier who later create a company that expanded in aerospace, and railway technology.

Honorable Mention.

Instant Mashed Potatoes: Because Canadians wanted their Mashed Potatoes NOW!!!

Basketball: Invented by James Naismith, because sometimes it was too cold to play Hockey.

Superman: Joe Shuster, half of the team that created Superman was Canadian.

Hopefully I have defended Canada’s honor on the world stage by listing some of Canada’s greatest inventions and contribution to the world. Every day I wake up and think “Thank God I live in the country that invented the Wonderbra”

My 2 Bytes.

No comments: