Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I like Barry Manilow. Now stop laughing

Yes its confession time here once again. I like Barry Manilow; as well as Eminem, Linkin Park and Evanescence. Now some of you might be wondering how the hell can I like all these different types of music? Well its simple, I don't bother to dislike something because its may not be "en vogue" ,"hip", or even trendy. When it comes to music I hate Britney, Christina and all those damn boy bands, because their music wasn't written, it was manufactured.

Why is it that once someone in the entertainment industry comes up with a new and innovative idea that everyone has to copy to death until the golden goose is dead. There are so many crime drama shows for example and a lot of them have the same damn name. Law and Order, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Law and Order, Parking Attendant. How about CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York and how about CSI Duluth. I mean I remember when TV shows all had different names?

I guess one reason I like Barry so much is that his songs are a part of him. They were written by him and not a Marketing firm.

Actually I do like Barry, sometimes I'm not interested in rock or whatever and I want to hear something different and Barry always come through for me, from Mandy to American Bandstand to Could it be Magic, I like Barry Manilow. So until they start using Barry tunes for commercial jingles, I'll keep on listening.

My 2 bytes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know its funny but I used to listen to him when I was in junior high. He was one of my favorites. I don't hear about him much anymore or even listen to him. I think that if I did my family would revolt.
Brenda