Thursday, August 07, 2008

People who protest at a funeral are the lowest of the low

I’m not a violent person. I’m actually pretty laid back. Sure I have opinions, and I will express them, even rant them, but I usually back up my opinions with facts. However when I heard that there are going to be protesters at Tim McLean’s funeral, something snapped in me. Apparently there will be some religious nut jobs from the Westboro Baptist Church (the crazy people’s church in Kansas) are going to protest at the funeral. Protesting with signs that say, “God is Punishing Canada”. These people make me want to vomit.

The whole country was shocked when Tim was killed in such a gruesome manor, simply because he was sitting beside someone on a bus. It was a horrible way to die, and it was senseless. Now some people who twist God’s word into their own sick meaning are going to be at the funeral and causing problems. These people have no shame. They have no morals. They have no compassion. They should not be allowed into Canada; a country that believes in human rights for all. I don’t want their filth in my country.

The pastor of this church should be put away. I was looking at his Wikipedia entry, and I’m sure that he and Adolf Hitler would have been best friends. He’s a total nut and should be put in a padded cell. Now I’m not a religious person, in fact I’m a pretty bad Catholic, but I do remember being taught that God loves us all, so much that he sent is only son to earth to die for our sins. My God is a kind and loving God, and somehow I doubt that he would approve the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church. Personally I think he’s having the members of his church do this in order to get attention. He’s doing it, to serve his own purpose, and to stroke his own ego.

I’ve recently read that other people have started to block these protesters from getting close to the funerals. While I doubt that the Patriot Guard Riders will be present, I hope that other people in Winnipeg will do something to prevent this “hate group”, from disrupting the funeral.

I’m glad that this isn’t happening in my city, because I can see myself smack a few of these people around with one of their signs. Groups like them don’t deserve the privilege of being allowed in Canada. I hope all the protesters get hit by a bus, so they can end up in Hell that much sooner.

UPDATE

Canadian Border guard have been ordered to not let these wackos into Canada. I'm glad to hear that our government will not allow this kind of trash across our borders.

My 2 Bytes

No comments: