Thursday, September 07, 2006

Now I'm REALLY PISSED.

I was going to write some poof post about how I wasn’t able to post on other people’s Blogger blog because I switched to the new Beta, but then something occurred at work today. Now I haven’t posted anything about work for some time because for the most part, I was happy, but things have been getting weird and unpredictable.

It all started when my boss quit. Now there were rumors that she was fired but I choose to believe (and have some inside information which proves that I’m right) that she left on her own accord. I can honestly say that she was the first boss that I totally respected. I took pride in covering the IT aspect of the building making sure that I knew the solution to a problem almost right away.

So she’s gone and we only have an operations person and some people from Toronto who come and go and things have gotten a bit weird. I get the feeling that I’m no longer appreciated from this operations guy. Nevermind the fact that I had to come in on multiple Saturdays (at a moment’s notice in one case) to help bring the network back up. Nevermind the fact that I keep everything up and running. Nevermind that fact that I’m also training staff on how to Microsoft Excel. You get the point.

This is what set up off. We’ve been short on wireless phones, so short that I had to surrender my phone to someone from Toronto, who’s working onsite here for about a month (I’m not going to get into that) and I’ve managed to get 4 phones to be shipped from head office next week. So I e-mail the operations guy (acting manager) that I’ve managed to get the phones and that I will be taking on of them for myself. His response is that the phones should go to the Supervisors and lead hands first because they are important. They are important? WHAT AM I, CHOPPED LIVER!!!!

Well fine then. Next time he’s trying to call me to fix something on his laptop, I’m not going to be at my desk and he won’t be able to reach me because I don’t have a wireless phone.

On the bright side, its a great way to be motived to update your resume.

My 2 Pissed Off Bytes.

No comments: