Monday, March 20, 2006

My Mommy is coming to visit me

It’s Monday and my feel hurt. I have new shoes. New steel toes shoes and its going to take a few days of wearing them for my feet to get comfortable with them, but enough about my shoes. On Friday, my parents are coming to visit. They’re going to be staying with me for a few days. I haven’t seen my parents since my sister’s wedding last August.

Now I’m glad that my parents are coming to visit but I have this one problem. My mom is a major neat freak. Actually’ it’s more of an obsession. So now I need to book the day before she arrives off and tidy up. I don’t mean a general clean up, I’m taking removing the fruit drawer from the fridge and wiping it. I’m talking rewashing all my pots and pans (even the clean ones). For the record, this isn’t a visit, it’s an inspection.

Ok maybe, I’m not being fair here. On the other hand, if I don’t make sure everything is perfect, then she will never sit down. She will pick stuff up. She will dust. She will wipe everything down. She will drive me crazy. Did I mention that I’m looking forward to their visit?

I’ve booked some time off of work to spend with my parents since they will be in town till next Thursday, but they will only stay with me till Monday, then after that they head to a Hotel, which is being paid for by my Dad’s company. He’s the thing. My dad is in town to take a course and they decided to both come down and make it a work/social visit, which is real cool. Mommy said she would cook for me. She even said that she would bring some home made Perogies that she made with the Ukrainian women in the town she now lives in.

So expect a fair bit of ‘My Mommy this” and “My Mommy” that post next week.

My 2 bytes.

No comments: