Saturday, May 21, 2005

Vics made me do it

Total number of books I've owned:

Does this mean that I have to get off my ass and count them? Grrr. I'm going to assume that were talking about fiction here because I also own a fair amount of computer related stuff, but the fiction stuff comes to about 154 books that I currently own.

The last book I bought:

Myth Alliances by Robert Asprin. I recently discovered that there are NEW books in the series. WOO HOO.

The last book I read:

I've been reading Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy off and on for what seems like an eternity. I'm about half way through but now that I've gotten hooked on Podcasts, I don't read as much.

5 books that mean a lot to me:
Wow, that's really hard, if not impossible but here goes.

1. Elfquest: Blood of Ten Chiefs Vol 1. Edited by Richard Pini, Robert Asprin and Lynn Abbey. Originally it was (and still is a great comic book) simply called Elfquest (which was created by Richard and Wendy Pini) and then these volumes of short stories came out. They even inspired me to write my first piece of fan fiction for high school English. Too bad I don't have it anymore.

2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. Oh everyone is probably thinking that it's a lame self help book but it's really good. It teaches you to change yourself as oppose to manipulating others around you.

3. Private Parts by Howard Stern. I'm such a fan of Howard. I'm looking forward to his move to Satellite Radio so they can't censor him anymore.

4. The Cage by S.M. Sterling and Shirley Meyer (both Canadians). A great book and something that shows how good Canucks can be at writing Fantasy and Sci-Fi.

5. The Late Shift by Bill Carter. I'm a huge Letterman fan and I like knowing all the little things that happened when Johnny Carson retired and the events that took place that resulted into Dave's move to CBS.

Tag 5 people and have them fill this out on their blogs:

5 people? I doubt I could get 5 people but I'll pass it to a few and if they take the challenge, then fine and if not, SO BE IT…Buttercup, needs motivation so here you go. Lady Payne is the same thing. That's all I choose to pass it too. Perhaps Hugh, I get the impression that Hugh reads sometimes. Everyone else probably has already done it or is toooo busy.

My 2 bytes

No comments: